Note: This procedure was designed to be performed on flat or near-flat metal body panels with original factory paintwork. Any deviation from these circumstances can alter cutting times, tool speeds, and the ideal amount of pressure to be applied to the body panel. If uncertain about a defect, follow up with a paint correction expert.
If performing paint correction on body lines, make the following adjustments:
- Sand paint inclusions only by hand.
- Apply less pressure to the body panel when cutting/polishing.
- Reduce cutting time from 15 seconds to 5 seconds at a time.
- Reduce buffer speed by 40-50%.
- Avoid excessive heat build-up.
- Do not let the compounds dissipate.